What to Expect & Bring
When you come for your Appointment please remember to obtain and bring the following:
- Referral letter from GP, family physician or other doctor
- Medicare card, DVA card, pension card
- Have your Private Hospital Insurance information with you
- Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans etc. and any other relevant information
This document outlines the following subjects:
- An Explanation of Fees
- Private Patients
- Public vs Private
- Payment Policy
- Tax Refund Scheme
- No Private Health Insurance
An Explanation of Fees
The standard fees charged by our rooms are in line with the Australian Medical Association recommended fee schedule. This means that in most instances there will be a "gap" between our surgical fee and what is covered by Medicare and your health insurance fund.
If you have any questions it is important that you ask about this gap. Our staff are fully informed with charges and rebates and will be able to help you navigate through what can be a complex process. These fee explanations can cover:
- Consulting Fee
- Surgical Fee
- Treatment Estimates
If you require more information, please do not hesitate to call the practice during office hours.
Other Possible Disbursements
There may be other charges involved in your care. You need to also check with your health fund to see what is covered for additional areas of service. Potential areas of cover are:
- Surgical Assistants
- Implants or Prosthesis
- Tests (Radiology, Pathology)
- Post-Operative Care
We offer informed financial consent to all our patients prior to surgery. This is a pre-treatment estimate of your surgical costs.
Late Arrival Policy
- Please try to arrive early enough to do your computer data work.
- If you arrive late I may have to rush your visit a little to be fair to subsequent patients who are on time! I do accept sometimes it is unavoidable. There are no financial penalties in my practice for late or forgotten appointments but don’t do it too often!
- I run late at times and will hopefully apologize if that happens to you.